Adults with Disabilities
In Home Supports
Enable provides a host of services to adults with disabilities who are either living on their own or with their families. We work closely with each person and/or family to offer the best possible support for individual needs, while maintaining a deep respect for personal independence and continued growth. Our services include:
- Community Based Supports
- Behavioral Supports
- Home Accessibility Modifications
- Representative Payee
- Community Inclusion
- Natural Supports Training
Enable provides one-on-one direct support for community-based activities, with a caring staff offering training and supervision as our participants learn and perform basic self-care, social skills and activities of daily living. This may involve attending events, ordering off a menu at a restaurant, learning to cook and do laundry, and more, either in or out of the person’s home.
Thousands of adults are caring for people with disabilities while juggling their own family, work, and personal lives. When a loved one requires more intensive care, sometimes around the clock, it’s these informal caregivers who are often overwhelmed. In this situation, taking care of yourself is actually as important as taking care of your loved ones. Enable’s compassionate, qualified and experienced staff offers respite care to provide caregivers with extra time to go to work, run errands, or just get some R&R. We offer help hourly, as well as daily and overnight support. Respite can be provided in the participant’s home, a group home, or another community-based setting as approved within the person’s service plan.
Enable works closely with individuals and, as appropriate, their families to address behavior through the development of behavior support plans. We conduct a thorough assessment, then develop and implement a structured plan, offering ongoing training and supervision of caregivers and staff as well as continuous monitoring and periodic reassessment of the plan.
Enable offers decades of experience working with families and individuals to adapt their homes for a person with physical disabilities. We conduct a thorough assessment, recommend products and costs, retain contractors and oversee all projects from start to finish. Self-pay options are available. Home modifications may include:
- Enhanced safety. A few simple changes may be all it takes to protect against common safety concerns, such as adding more lighting and safety rails throughout the home, setting hot water heater temperatures and clearly marking faucets, and more.
- Adaptive equipment. Think beyond wheelchairs, canes, and walkers. There’s a whole universe of products designed to make life easier for adults with developmental disabilities, including modified phones, television listening systems, motion-activated nightlights, touch screen computers, and more.
- Home renovations. Modifying a home to accommodate an adult with disabilities may also require more extensive renovations to accommodate a wheelchair or other needs. This may include adding wheelchair ramps, widening doorways, installing stair glides and lifts, updating tubs and showers to be more accessible, and more.
Enable may serve as a representative payee, appointed by the U.S. Social Security Administration to receive Social Security and/or SSI benefits for someone who cannot manage his or her finances. More information can be found here: www.ssa.gov/payee/faqrep.htm.
Having the freedom to get around is essential to maintaining independence. Enable provides reliable, trustworthy transportation options to help adults gain access to services, activities and resources – whether medical appointments, shopping for groceries or personal items, visiting with friends, and more.
Enable provides adults with disabilities with numerous opportunities to stay active and engaged in the community, with educational, enrichment and recreational activities such as outings to community festivals, visits to the library or museums, participation in neighborhood block parties and small group activities, and more.
Adults with disabilities often have a circle of care that extends beyond professional support to include friends, families, and neighbors. Enable offers training and counseling to give these informal caregivers instruction about treatment regimens, equipment use, and other information to help them provide the best possible care to their loved one.
Contact Enable for dependable in home supports
For more information, call our Admissions Coordinator at 609-987-5003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today.