Adults with Disabilities
Enable’s day programs allow individuals with developmental disabilities to achieve new goals, interact with others, and enjoy meaningful activities. Enable’s day services include:
Enable’s services provide education and training to help adults with disabilities acquire the skills and experience they need to actively participate in the community around them. This may include:
- Providing individualized activities that give adults an opportunity to make new friends and take part in the community
- Connecting adults with others in the community through visits to local stores, restaurants, libraries, and events, volunteering, and more
- Offering special events, playing or enjoying music, dancing, painting, and more
- Expanding self-care, health, and social skills such as cooking, self-grooming, managing money, and preparing for travel
- Improving communication skills through language development and using augmentative and assistive technology
- For individuals with certain medical conditions, day programs are available in a facility with a nurse on site during program hours. A behavioral therapist is available as needed. For people with challenging behaviors, Enable also offers specialized day services with behaviorist support
Medicaid pays for up to 30 hours per week for most people qualified with the NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities. Self-pay options are also available.
Enable works with adults with disabilities to help develop key work skills that can later lead to paid employment in integrated community settings. This may include: teaching effective communication with coworkers, customers, and supervisors; reviewing professional conduct; learning workplace safety; and more. Enable also provides volunteer opportunities to put those skills into practice at Meals on Wheels, food banks and soup kitchens, and child care centers.
Enable works closely with individuals – and, as appropriate, their families – to address behavior through the development of behavior support plans. We conduct a thorough assessment, then develop and implement a structured plan, offering ongoing training and supervision of caregivers and staff as well as continuous monitoring and periodic reassessment of the plan.
Having the freedom to get around is essential to maintaining independence. Enable provides reliable, trustworthy transportation options to help adults gain access to services, activities and resources. As part of Enable’s day services, transportation is provided to and from the site within reasonable mileage or time constraints.
Enable may serve as a representative payee, appointed by the U.S. Social Security Administration to receive Social Security and/or SSI benefits for someone who cannot manage his or her finances. More information can be found here: www.ssa.gov/payee/faqrep.htm.
Contact Enable for Day Services today
For more information, call our Admissions Coordinator at 609-987-5003 or email email@example.com.